5 x 1.5 hour sessions :
- #1 - Sat May 05 2018 - 9:30 AM - 11AM
- #2 - Sat May 05 2018 - 12:30 PM - 2PM
- #3 Sun May 06 2018 - 9:30 AM - 11AM
- #4 - Sun May 06 2018 - 12:30PM - 2PM
- #5 Mon May 7 2018 - 12:30PM - 2PM
$55 per person
includes entry to the Maleny Wood Expo
Minimum age without parental supervision 10 years old.
Come along to this fun, interactive workshop where you will learn how to make useful everyday items out of what would be called vegetative waste. In this workshop, we will be using the frond from the native Piccabeen Palm (Archontophoenix cunninghamiana). We will be making a variety of take home items including:
- a medium Piccabeen Basket (good for a fruit bowl)
- a hanging Piccabeen Basket (good to hang garlic or lemon myrtle leaves in)
You will learn how to prepare Piccabeen preparation techniques such as:
Material supplied: Piccabeen material, Banana Fibre (for string), Utensils (scissors, needles etc)
Piccabeen Palm baskets were used by Aboriginal people in South East Queensland as water vessels, as they hold water. Come and learn this great survival technique and also be able to take home some beautiful handmade items, which you will then have the skills to make again and again!