The 2017 Wootha Prize Winners
- 1st Prize ($2500 and free site at the 2018 Maleny Wood Expo) sponsored by HQPlantations: “Metamorphosis” by Jack Wilms
- 2nd Prize ($1000) sponsored by Queensland Water and Land Carers: “Gossamer Wings 11” by Jeanette Rein
- 3rd Prize ($750) sponsored by Timber Transitions: “Navajo Revelation” by Guy Breay
- Craftsmanship Award ($250) sponsored by Geochempet Services: Jack Wilms
- Design Excellence Award ($250) sponsored by Geochempet Services: Jeanette Rein
- Encouragement Award ($250) sponsored by Maleny Art Direct: “Tree of Life” by Gary Field
- People’s Choice Award ($500) sponsored by HQPlantations: “At the Back Door” by David Harriman
The Environment Award was not given in 2017.
A huge thank you to HQPlantations, Queensland Water and Land Carers (QWALC), Geochempet and Timber Transitions for their ongoing sponsorship; and many thanks to Maleny Art Direct for sponsoring the new Encouragement Award.
Thanks to ongoing commitment from our sponsors, the Wootha Prize is now a prestigious national woodworking event, attracting contemporary designers and innovative craftspeople in the promotion of our beautiful native timbers and sustainable use of our timber resources.
The 2018 Wootha Prize theme is JOINED.